Are you moving to a different address in the same town or to another municipality or country? You have to report this to the authorities. How? Check out the instructions below. If you have questions, please contact the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region.
Moving to a different address in the same municipality
If you are moving within your municipality, you must report your change of address at your municipality. It is important you do this within 5 days of your move. You can report your change of address with the city of Utrecht online with DigiD, at the civil affairs desk or by post:
- If you have a DigiD, you can report you change of address online (form is in Dutch)
- Visit the civil affairs desk at the International Welcome Centre to report your move. Click the button below to make an appointment. Please note: if you are staying at someone else’s place, you need to bring your proof of identity and a declaration of consent by the primary resident. Click here to download the declaration form. Please print it and bring it to the appointment.
The appointment tool is in Dutch, find English instructions below.
Make an appointment
- To register by post, click here to download the form ‘Notification change of address’. Print the form, fill it out and send it, along with a copy of a valid identification, to the address mentioned in the form.
Moving to another municipality
If you are moving to an address that is located within another municipality, you will need to inform your new municipality. Are you moving to the city of Utrecht from another municipality, please click here to make an appointment to report your move.
Leaving the Netherlands
If you are going to leave the Netherlands for at least eight months, you must report this at your municipality. They need to remove your personal details from the Personal Records Database (BRP) and inform other government authorities of your departure. If your partner and/or child(ren) leave the Netherlands as well, they also have to deregister. You can inform the municipality of Utrecht online, at the civil affairs desk or by post:
- To deregister online or at the civil affairs desk of the city of Utrecht, click the button below to find more information and make an appointment.
Make an appointment
- To deregister by post, click here to download the form 'Emigration'. Print the form, fill it out and send it to the address mentioned in the form.
- Choose a product: the option ‘International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region’ is already selected. Indicate how many people are coming to the appointment.
- Choose location: select ‘Publiekszaken’.
- Your details: provide your personal details in this order: first name, last name, date of birth and email address (twice to confirm).
- Find more information about how to get to your appointment below.