You may require a work and/or residence permit if you want to live and work in the Netherlands. Whether or not you require a permit depends among others on your home country. Citizens of EU and EEA countries or Switzerland for instance do not require a visa. What kind of visa or permit you might need also depends on the length of your stay. Find more information and requirements on the IND website. Find more information about making an appointment below.
You can arrange your formalities at the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region. You can visit the welcome centre’s IND desk and Civil Affairs desk for the following services:
1. Immigration services by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND):
- Submitting biometrics such as fingerprints and picture
- Collecting residence documents
- Collecting residence endorsement stickers
2. Registration by Civil Affairs for the municipalities of Utrecht, Amersfoort, Woerden and Oudewater.
Click here for more information about registering with the municipality.
If you want to arrange your IND formalities at the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You will live or work in Utrecht Region. If you live or work outside Utrecht Region, you need to make an appointment at one of the other international welcome centres or IND desks.
- You have received a letter by the IND stating that you can make an appointment with the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region to have your biometrics taken, to arrange your residence permit, or collect your residence permit.
- You have requested your residence document to be sent to the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region.
You are required to bring the following documents to your IND appointment. Please note: this goes for each individual so if you bring family members to the appointment, make sure they bring their documents as well.
- Valid identification such as a passport.
- Your (expired) residence document. Or the official report of loss or theft from the police if your residence document was lost or stolen.
If you fulfil above mentioned criteria you can make an appointment at the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region.
Click the button below to go to the International Welcome Centre’s appointment form. Please fill in this form and receive the appointment link(s) that apply to your personal situation by email.
If you haven’t received the email in your inbox within an hour, please check your spam folder. Please send an email to email@example.com in case you have any questions about the appointment links.
We value your privacy
The International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region takes the protection of your data seriously. The data of the appointment form will be processed and recorded in the registration system of the International Welcome Centre, part of the Municipality of Utrecht. Your data will not be transferred to third parties. The Municipality of Utrecht processes and protects your personal data as described in the Data Protection Declaration.