Visa & Permits

As a local in the Utrecht Region, there are several procedures that you will need to take care of. Some of these are required for everyone such as registration with the municipality. Here you will find a comprehensive guide to visas and permits along with special procedures in place for EU citizens and highly skilled migrants.

If you are considering moving to the Netherlands to live, study, work or join a relative or a partner, you may need to apply for a Dutch visa and other relevant permits. Typically, your nationality and reason for coming to the Netherlands will dictate the required procedure and paperwork.

In need of more information? Contact the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region (IWCUR)!

Contact the IWCUR

Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND)

The IND implements the foreign nationals policy in the Netherlands. This means that the IND assesses all residence applications of individuals who wish to live in the Netherlands. In addition the IND handles all applications from foreign nationals who wish to become a Dutch citizen through naturalisation. However, an application for naturalisation must be submitted to your municipality. 

Read more