This article was originally published by our friends at Healthcare4Internationals.
Trusting your doctor and feeling safe in his or her care is most important. Healthcare for internationals (H4i) aims to have Dutch healthcare as much as possible deliver this comfort to internationals. The H4i information platform supports this mission by providing unbiased information about Dutch healthcare and how it works. Helping you navigate Dutch healthcare includes informing you about your rights, and obligations, as a patient in The Netherlands.
A new section of the H4i information platform lists the rights that patients have in The Netherlands. Read more about
- your rights to information, confidentiality and privacy
- giving or withholding permission
- your right to access your medical file and to a second opinion.
- your freedom to choose by whom en where you are treated
- your option to file a complaint
- what rights your children of 12 years and older have