Revised services at the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region
We are happy to announce that the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region is gradually resuming its services. The counters of the IND for residence documents, civil affairs for municipal registration, and ACCESS for anything to do with living, working and studying in the Utrecht region are now open on Tuesday and Thursday in the afternoon for scheduled appointments. The information officers of ACCESS are also available to answer your questions via email.
How to make an appointment
If you want to make an appointment with the IND and the municipality of Utrecht, you need to do so digitally through the website of the municipality. This website is in Dutch. See the English instructions on how to make an appointment below. You can make your appointment(s) through the following links.
Click the link below to make an appointment with the IND to collect your residence permit. See the instructions below.
Click the link below to make an appointment to register with the municipality of Utrecht.
Click the link below to make an appointment with the information officers of ACCESS to receive free information and advice on living, working and studying in Utrecht Region. See the instructions below.
The IND needs fingerprints, passport photos and signatures in order to make a residence document and to establish someone's identity. These biometrics can be taken at the IND-desk at the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region – appointments only. Use the following link to make an appointment. See the instructions below.
Please note: UK citizens who received a letter by the IND to get their biometrics taken cannot use this link to make an appointment. They need the make an appointment with the IND via the IND website. They must use the following link to make an appointment.
In case you want to visit the IND, the municipality and ACCESS on the same day, you have to make separate appointments. When you arrive at the Stadskantoor for your appointment, you can scan the QR code that you have received in your mailbox, to let us know you have arrived. You will find the counters and the helpdesk of the International Welcome Centre on the second floor. Click here to find the visiting address.
The following information guides you through the procedures for making an appointment to collect your residence permit at the IND. During the process of making an appointment, you can always return by clicking ‘vorige’. You can stop by clicking ‘stoppen’. Please follow these instructions step by step.
- In the first step you see the question ‘Voor welk product wilt u een afspraak maken’. The dropdown list is filled in automatically with the product you want to make an appointment for. That is, collecting your residence permit with the IND.
- In the second drop down list (aantal), you must indicate the number of people who will attend the appointment to collect the permit(s). If you have a partner and/or child(ren) who also need to their residence permit, they must come with you to the appointment. It is important to fill in the correct number because this determines the time needed during the registration.
- Click ‘Volgende’ to go to the next step. Here, you choose a date and time.
- At step four, you are asked to provide your personal details. Please provide: your first name* (voornamen), last name* (achternaam), date of birth* (geboortedatum) dd/mm/yyyy, phone number and e-mail address* - confirmation of your appointment will be forwarded to this e-mail address. The fields with * are compulsory. Click ‘volgende’.
- Check the box (‘Ik ga akkoord met de ingevulde gegevens’) to agree with the entered data.
- Click ‘Verzenden’ to submit. Your appointment is made and you will receive a confirmation by e-mail including the QR code.
Ensuring the health of our customers and employees is our primary concern. Visiting the International Welcome Centre is therefore different from what you are used. Appointments are from now on required. For safety reasons, we have placed perspex screens at the desks. We kindly request that you keep 1.5 metres distance from others and stay home if you have cold-like symptoms.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely. New developments with regards to operations and activities of the International Welcome Centre will be updated here. Should you have any questions about the explanation above, please let us know. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.
For the latest information on the coronavirus and related measures, go to: