This privacy statement aims to explain in a simple and transparent way what personal data we might gather about you and how we process it.
You may share personal information with the International Welcome Centre Utrecht Region (from here on referred to as IWCUR) when you use our services, register for one of our events or newsletters, or when you contact us through one of our channels. The personal data refers to any information that you share with us. This includes your name, address, nationality, status (work, live, study) and/ or email address. Photos or videos of you may be taken during events. By processing personal data, we mean what we can do with this data such as collecting it, using, storing, organising or deleting it.
What do we do with your personal data
We only use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For our administration: for instance, when you subscribe for one of our events, we collect your data to be able to verify your identity at the event.
- To send you our newsletter(s), only if you indicated that you wish to receive it.
- To send you invitations to meetings or events organised by IWCUR or in which IWCUR is involved, if you have indicated that you wish to receive them.
- To respond to your questions, complaints or other kinds of communication.
- For improving our services: we can use your data to tailor the programming of our events and services to our target group and network (internationals and partners of IWCUR) to even better effect.
- For marketing and communication purposes by the IWCUR. We might share photos or videos taken during one of our events on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube), website and/ or newsletters.
Who do we share your data with
We can (see below) share your data with the founders of the IWCUR (City of Utrecht, Utrecht Province, City of Amersfoort, Utrecht University), the partner municipalities in Utrecht Region and the partners of IWCUR as stated on our website.
Why do we share your data
- For information exchange & our improving services. We can use your data to tailor the programming of our events and services to our target group and network (internationals, partners of IWCUR, employers) to even better effect.
Your rights and how we respect them
We handle your data with care at all times. IWCUR will store your personal data (digitally) with care and protect it with the necessary security measures.
- If personal data is processed on the basis of consent, this consent may be withdrawn at any time. To do this, please mail us: IWC@utrechtregion.com.
- Your personal data is not passed on or sold to third parties for commercial purposes. If we organise an event with a partner who makes a contribution to the event, your data may be shared with this partner as part of the organisation of the event.
- We will announce that pictures or videos will be made. If you have any objections, you can make this known to us. If possible, we comply with a potential objection immediately by not showing you in the picture or not showing you in a recognizable way. Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights. Further information can be found on the Dutch Data Protection Authority website.
How long we keep your personal data
- We retain your personal data until you tell us you want to edit or remove it. If you want to deregister, your personal data is removed immediately. Please contact us via IWC@utrechtregion.com.
- Until the IWCUR stops to exist. You will be informed when IWCUR stops to exist.
If you want to know more about our data policy and how we use your personal data, you can send us an email, call or visit us.
Stadsplateau 1, Second floor
3521 AZ, Utrecht
Phone: + 31 (0)30 - 286 00 00 – for English press 9
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which IWCUR deals with your personal data, we would like to hear from you. You can file a complaint with us. If we cannot find an acceptable solution, you have the right to forward your complaint about our handling of your privacy-sensitive data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
This privacy statement