As an international, an individual or business, it can be challenging to keep track of all the latest news regarding the coronavirus. We recognize that this situation raises many questions. Please find below an overview of key websites that provide up-to-date English information on the coronavirus, the measures taken to restrict the spread of the virus, support measures for businesses and other useful information. Are there any questions left unanswered? Please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com.
The following websites provide up to date information in English about the corona outbreak in the Netherlands.
- Visit the English website of the Dutch government to find information about the coronavirus and the measures taken to prevent the spreading of the virus.
- For more information and advice on the coronavirus, visit the website of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).
- The municipality of Utrecht provides comprehensive information concerning the coronavirus in Utrecht
- Visit the Facebook group ‘Dutch NOS News’ for English translations of the Dutch news.
- IamExpat regularly provides regularly English updates on the corona crisis, as well as DutchNews.nl.
- Get the latest information on how COVID-19 affects your application or stay in the Netherlands on the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).
- For questions about cross border related questions with Belgium and Germany.
- The Netherlands and you provides updates about travel and doing business in the Netherlands
- On the website of the government you will find the frequently asked questions by entrepreneurs answered.
The coronavirus COVID-19, and the measures taken to restrict the spreading of the coronavirus in the Netherlands has consequences for many businesses. The Dutch government has taken some support measures to help business affected by the crisis, among which:
- The Temporary Emergency Bridging Measure for Sustained Employment (NOW) measure, provides financial help for employers. If you meet the requirements, you can claim a substantial compensation for the wages of your employees for a period of 3 months.
- The Temporary Bridging Measure for Self-employed Professionals (Tozo) offers support for self-employed professionals, who are experiencing financial difficulties due to the corona crisis. The support consists of income support and/ or a loan for business capital.
- With the Reimbursement for Entrepreneurs in Affected Sectors COVID-19 (TOGS), the government awards entrepreneurs in a number of specific sectors who have been affected by the corona measures a one-time set reimbursement of 4,000 euros.
- The Dutch Tax Administration has taken several measures to help businesses and employers with payment difficulties, such as payment extension for several taxes.